Sunday, May 9, 2010

Drama

So.  You might have noticed that I haven't posted much lately. 

Well things got a little crazy here at home.  To make a long story short, my mom went into the hospital two weeks ago thinking she had appendicitis.  Actually, it was colon cancer.  Now, this was around the same time that I was on my period (don't like the graphic? tough.) and wasn't feeling very up to exercising at all.  Add onto that the stress with mom being sick, and yeah, I stopped exercising.

I gained back 5 pounds and shot all the way up to 263.  Back where I was when I started all this. 

Sigh.

And I just haven't felt it lately.  I've been feeling slow, sluggish, and ohso depressed. 

mom's fine, she's back home, and she'll be home for another few weeks still.  and Iknow that I really just need to get my rear end back into gear and focused on this weight loss again.  But my main focus now is making sure my mother's alright.  And then, taking my last class for my degree this summer. I will fit in exercise there somewhere.

So there, that's the update that I'm sure people have been wanting.  No, my heart really isn't into this right now.  It's not into much of anything right now at all.  But that's what being depressed is all about. 

I'm depressed about mom, so I stop exercising.  I stop exercising and I gain the weight. I gain the weight and I get depressed again. etc etc etc.

I need a good motivational kick in the pants. 

And more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment