Friday, April 30, 2010

1d6

yeah, I know, I'm a geek.  get over it.

I was thinking tonight, my life right now, and for most of this summer is going to be much like rolling a die.  One six sided die to be exact, or as my friends say 1d6. So what is it that is going to be on this six-sided die? 

1: Home-life

With mom having just gotten home from the hospital, my devotion to the household is going to need to increase.  Especially since I am not sure just how much she will need me to take care of her, or for how long she'll be out of 'commission' so to speak.  So i'm going to need to be home more and do more around the house for a while.

1: Work-life

I'm hoping to get a new position soon.  And hoping to get more hours. So that's at least 8 or 9 hours out of a day devoted to that pursuit of money. 

3: Friends

Yes,I do somehow miraculously have them.  They're all online, this is true,  and most people won't consider them to be 'real friends' but those people can kiss my fat fat butt.  They're my friends and I don't particularly want to do without them.

4: Love-life

Ee. My Kiwi.  Somewhere in all of this chaos that is going to be my life, I need to find time for you, and for us.  Time for us to spend together, to talk, and to just grow closer, even though there's an ocean between us.

5: Exercise

Somewhere in all of this, I am also hoping to make time for the gym and exercise, because while I have completely reversed this last week and gained back all of the weight that I had lost (stress and mother nature and depression will do that), I am still determined to lose weight and get trim. 

6: School

yes, I am going back to school.  It's only going to be one class, an online course, this summer taken through the UD and then transferred to Rutgers in order to finally get my degree.  I am determined to tackle this course and come out the other side with at least a B.  I will not settle for anything less than that. 

But this is going to take up quite a bit of my time, and my energy.  So if I seem distracted this summer, all of these are reasons why.  There is so much going on in my world right now, that I'm going to have to perfect my compartmentalising techniques so that I don't go completely insane.


So that's what's going through my head tonight, and the last few days.  Maybe i'll be back soon with an update, maybe not.  I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment