Sunday, April 4, 2010

Runny Babbits

So.  Mom woke me up today to go outside and do some gardening.  Ordinarily, or formerly, I would have found that rather dull and boring.  But! With this whole new attitude that I'm trying to give myself, I was excited about it.

So we took this little corner in the backyard that my mom already had some Irises and a butterfly bush planted in, and we tilled up the soil, pulled all the weeds and got to work. we planted some pink and white oriental lillies, and some pink calla lillies, as well as a pink hyacinth and a white hyacinth (I love those flowers), and we even put down some forget-me-not seeds.  Which will hopefully grown, but I doubt it cause they're apparently fall planting flowers, not spring.  Oops. 

Also, we put in the 9 heads of Romaine lettuce that my mom bought for me, and I planted my window box with my herbs! Parsley, sage, Rosemary, Basil, and Cilantro.  Yum yum!  Now I just hope that they grow.

I realised today though, that being out in the dirt was FUN.  Well, not for my knees, really.  But it was enjoyable and fun and something that I've always wanted to do, but never could.  But I'm going to try. Cause if I can grow things, and then I get over to kiwiland, maybe I can make our budget even a little bit friendlier and easier by growing things! edible things! 

Also! I got onto my bicycle today! The real one! with Wheels!  Now, this might seem like not such a big deal to people.  But, you have to realise, I've had this for a few months now, and I've been scared of it.  Now, I know that you're going to laugh at that, but it's the truth! I've been terrified of my bicycle.  I tried to ride it a month or so ago, but I got myself so afraid of falling off of it, that I couldn't even get myself past getting one foot onto the pedals.

That's my biggest problem. I scare myself so much out of things that I never do them.  Like roller skating, or ice skating, or even going out to a bar on my own for a drink.  I psyche myself out so badly that I can't do anything. I go to work, I come home.  That's it.  I'm afraid of new people, and making and keeping relationships too much.  I'm afraid of broken hearts, and recently i've been afraid of a bicycle.

but no more!  For today i got onto the bicycle, I got both feet onto the pedals and I conquered it!  Huzzah!  Of cours I didn't ride very far without a helmet on.  I'm not sure I like the mountain bike thing.  All the gears and the things, but it was twenty something dollars.  The last bike that I rode, you had to pedal backwards for the brakes.  it was the best thing ever.  This bike, there are breaks on the handlebars.  But I didn't use them.  I jsut let the bike slow down naturally.

So yes! I rode a bicycle!  And it was fun!  and I shall continue to do so!  Right after I get a bigger seat for that bike.  because let me tell you, that seat, was just enough for a stick-person to ride.  And I'm not talking supermodel or skinny athlete.  No. a stick figure.  that is the only type of person I can imagine being comfortable.  I mean, right up in there all the way.  oucchhh.

So, I will now add bicycling to my routine (once I get a bigger seat).  Who knows?  maybe I'll get to the point where I can bike to work and not need the car.  Wouldn't that be nice!  at least down here in delaware, I don't need to worry about hills like I would have in maine. 

Right, it's 5am.  and I need to pass out.  I think.  yes.  sleepy time.

G'night all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    I've been following your blog silently. I'm so inspired by your efforts. I was just wondering, you blog says that you are doing this for that boy you're kissing in the picture to the left

    How did you meet each other? Do you mind doing a romantic/informational post about your love?

    Sorry, I'm just so curious!!

    ReplyDelete