Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coordination

So, in doing these Walk at Home DVDs I have discovered something about myself.  I have shitty coordination.  Oh, I can do the walking.  And I can, for the most part, keep time with her, although I think I'm doing something wrong with the sidesteps and tap outs because I always seem to get off beat from her and the 'gang'.  But when she adds in the arm movements, the push and pull and up and down above the head, I lose the pace almost completely.  My legs go all wonky in their movements, and I just can't seem to get everything going in time.

I don't know if that's because I want the arms and the legs to move at the same pace and they're just not or what, but I turn into a flailing mess.  Oh, I'm still moving and everything, but it's a mess.  I mean, we're talking a scarecrow blowing in the wind. 

Another thing, I have discovered that I need shoes for this.  not necessarily for the walking, but for the stretching afterwards.  She keeps saying to plant your heel and stretch this way and that, doing a triangle and a warrior poses from yoga.  Problem being, that in socks or barefeet, it's hard to get your foot to plant.  I think that might be what I did wrong the other night and why my ankle hurts so much.  Because I didn't have it properly planted with shoes i might have twisted the wrong way.

Oops. 

My weight is staying consistent, but I'm hoping that will change.  I've been very very careful about the food I'm eating and how much of it.  Or at least I'm trying to.  I'm not really counting calories anymore, but I know that I'm nowhere near 1900. 

Also, my water intake is skyrocketing.  I'm up to just about 4 bottles a day.  Which is 80 fl oz.  Which is 10 servings.  Or, for my international fans(hahaha like I have those) 2364 mL, or approx 2.4L a day.  That's not adding in the additional tea that I drink (3 10oz  (887 mL) glasses tonight at dinner, no sugar just green & white tea blend), the orange juice in the morning (8oz (236 mL)).  So I'm getting more than enough liquids. 

I also just started taking the One A Day Womens+Metabolism boost vitamin. Yay.  now I just need to get some glucosamine & Chondrointin into my routine and maybe that will help with the ouchings.


the ouchings.  I cannot do squats.  I can't even do half-squats.  My knees sound like rice krispies and fee llike their going to grind themselves into cornmeal.  It's so painful.  And the sound.  And the sensation.  I need to lose the weight to get the pressure off the joints.  But I have to use the joints to do the exercises to lose the weight. 

Tonight for dinner i had a serving of noodles (egg noodles, working up to whole wheat and vegetable noodles), with a serving of tomato sauce, 1 all beef kosher hot dog without the bun, a handful of corn chips, and a salad made up of cucumber, orange pepper, and avocado with light catalina dressing. 

last night, i had a huge salad of romaine, peppers, avocado, cucumber, and chow mein noodles.  I was about halfway through before I even put any dressing onto it.  I was om nom noming away like crazy.  For my desserts?  I've been eating a handful of some dried fruits around the house (apricots mostly) as well as dates, prunes, and craisins.  I've been adding a handful of my dark dark chocolate chips.  I finished off my clementines for lunch this morning and breakfast was a banana and a larabar. 

Woo, go healthy. 

I need to get some bagel thins.  They look good.  I just wish I could stand the taste of light cream cheese.  Ohwell, add enough garlic to it and enough horseradish sauce and I guess I could stand it. 

I should leave that there.  Nobody really wants to read my rambling anyways.  Nobody really reads this in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment