Saturday, March 27, 2010

A New Step

So.

It rained today.

And it was cold.

So there was no outside for ME today, cause my joints right now just cannot take the cold and damp weather.  But!  I went through that Valerie Bertinelli dvd the other night, not doing the exercises, just watching the routine, trying to find something I might be able to pull out and do on my own.  No such luck, all of the moves involved bending the knees in really painful and uncomfortable ways for me.

However! In the bonus section, there is an abs workout.  And you know what? I can do them!!!!!  (yes, the exclamation points are necessary)  So I've done about three sets of twenty crunches at different points throughout the day.   And then tonight, I came upstairs after having a rather indulgent dinner of tacos with all the fixings (cheese, sour cream, avocado, lettuce, peppers, beans, rice, and a little bit of meat), and watching some basketball, and I put in the Walk at Home DVD.

I made it through the mile pretty good.  So I figured I would go ahead and try to do the second mile as well.  Oh. My. God.  I made it about halfway through (not bad!) before I just could not breathe anymore. I had to stop.  But! I made it 1.5 miles!!  And there was a time I was having a hard time getting through the one mile.

Also, I just finally figured out what the heck they were talking about when they say 'engaging your core'.  It's basically, "suck in your stomach so you don't look so fat" and then do these exercises.  Well shit, I can do that.

Ok, so that's not as easy as it sounds.  It actually takes some serious concentration to hold your stomach in like that while you're trying to sit up and things.  But I will get there. 

That reminds me.  Purchase tomorrow, a pedometer.  Measure hips, waist, bust, chest tomorrow and post the measurements.  Every month, or two weeks, I will post new measurements.  I just need to keep reminding myself that this is good for me.  This is going to work.  Quick results are not necessarily good results. 

The best weight loss is slow and steady and easy. I need to remember to not get frustrated and give up.  I need to remember that my motivations are important, and that sticking to them is important and easy.  And that if I can reach this goal, I will not only gain better things physically, but also mentally and emotionally. 

I want to get onto that plane heading to kiwiland and be able to not only fit into the airline seat, but be able to move about comfortably without sticking my ass into other people's faces just to get up and pee.   I want to be able to get off that airplane, walk through the gate, see him standing there and then watch him stare when he realises just how damned good I look.

And I am gonna keep on struggling and suffering and making it through.

I. Can. Do. This.

YES I CAN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment